TUCZNO Tuczno is a town situated in Wałeckie Lakeland, in a hilly landscape by the sides of three lakes:Tuczno,
Zamkowe and Liptowskie. The municipality covers area of 249,9 square kilometres, thereof the town 9,82 square kilometres. Its population numbers 5.475 thereof about 2.080 living in the town.
The municipality is of an agricultural character, which fact is evidenced by its land structure: woodlands-11.066 hectares, lentic waters-329 hectares, lotic waters-916 hectares, agricultural land-10.708 hectares, other areas-1.971 hectares.
In view of its enviromental advantages the town Tuczno is one of the most attractive tourist spots in the province of Piła. It is the numerous lakes, forests, profuse fauna and flora that make Tuczno and around a splendid holiday resort
Within the territory of the municipality are situated two of the
twenty-one reserves lying withing the bounds of the Drawieński National Park. These are Jeziorko Głodne
(Hungry Lake) and Sicienko.Fauna is represented by 30 species of mammals and around 150 species of
birds. Here live golden eagels, eagel owls, grey storks and cormorants. Particularly attractive are beavers are and nyctereutes
ARCHITECTURE The Gothic-Renaissance castel of the Wedel-Tuczyński family (ul. Zamkowa) raised on the site of a former Pomeranian stronghold. On the south side a
fragment of the moat has survived. Constructed to the horseshoe-like plan. The eastern wings is the oldest, with gothic arched brick cellars in a block design in the north part of it. The sixteenth-century window ferrule ornaments of sandstone and sgroffito on the facade attract attention. Gotkic castle, was erected by Ludwik Wedel in 1338.
The Parish Church
of Assumption of BMV is situated in northwestern part of the town, within former defensive walls. The ornate Baroque architecture cointans: an altar, organs, a pulpit, bells, statues, most of the paitings going back to 1663.There is much controversy over when the structure was raised. The most commonlu quoted date is the year 1522. On the outside as well as inside the building you can see numerous traces of renovations conducted after fires. The tower collapsed in 1636. The roofs burnt down in 1834.
The ornate Baroque architecture contains: an altar, organs, a pulpit, bells, statues; most of thepaintings goig back to 1663;
Nan urban monument is a network of streets in western part of the town based on the early fourteenth-century town plan;
The eighteenth-century house called curia, standing on the left side of the castle's
Lubiesz - a church built of granite boulders, turned into a fortress by the Swedes in
1657Nan example of defensive architecture is set of special-purpose bunkers belonging to the defensive line of Wał Pomorski , extented in the years 1922-1939 which is a sort of a scattered fort. The fort's ruins are found on the Mountain of of the Hanged (Wisielcza Góra)- 152m above the sea level;
Strzaliny- a wooden framed church errected to a pentagonal plan in 1740. Inside is a late-Baroque eighteen-century altar and BVM's picture dating back to 1806;
Zdbowo- a little framed church raised in 1819, founded by Onufry Grabowski, a seventeenth-century altar depicting St Joseph and a picture of the Holy Triniry dating back to 1818, a pulpit with images of the four evangelists and a confessional dating from the later patr of the seventeenth century, a candlestic funded by Johann and Anna Teske in 1952;
TOURIST TRAILS The red trail running along the main line Wał Pomorski, i.e. Nakielno-Zdybowo-Tuczno, the lenght of which amounting to 15 km and the Tuczno-Martew-Człopa- 19
km. Green trail: Tuczno-Marten-Człopa-Żelichowo - 32 km (a